Is there a  way to remove the local computer for the drop down box in the login screen? Also disable logging into local computer rather then domain?
Is there a way to remove the local computer for the drop down box in the login screen? Also is there a way to disable a user from logging directly into that computer (not using the domain) even if they know the UNC? Could be I am wrong, but I dont believe "deny log on locally" will work, because that would not allow even domain login at that particular computer. Thanks
October 20th, 2009 7:44pm

I dont know of a way to remove the local computer from the dropdown list. However, to control which users you allow to login locally, modify the local policy for the computer. At the Run command, type gpedit.msc. Go to Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, User Rights Assignment.I would modify the "Allow Logon Locally". If you only want Domain Users to logon the workstation, then remove all entries from the list and add Domain Users. Domain Users does not include local accounts. Be careful, removing the computer from the domain may have some unwanted results, such as not being able to logon with a local account. You may want to add an account that you would only know the password to, just in case.Visit my blog: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 20th, 2009 10:40pm

Hi, Have you found any solution to this issue? Like you, I'd like to know a way to force XP to force login into the domain and make the dropdown box "this computer" disappear.Please let me know,Bye,Cdric
November 24th, 2009 1:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics